Fast and furious facts about Facebook.
- 1.1 billion users – 11.5 million are Australian.
- Facebook was founded in 2004 in the USA, then worldwide in 2005.
- Facebook is open to people 13 years and older.
- Mobile version launched in 2011.
- What is Facebook all about? Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.
- Facebook launched a Like button in 2010.
- In 2008 the Supreme Court of Australia ruled that Facebook can be used as a legal method of serving a summons.
- In 2009 ‘Facebook’ was the word of the year.
- You can ‘Like’ Bespoke Words on Facebook here.
- You can Subscribe and Follow me on Facebook here.