Points on Pinterest
- Pinterest is a pinboard (or mood-board) style photo and picture sharing website.
- There are 48 million Pinterest users worldwide. Over 600,000 in Australia.
- Pinterest was launched in March 2010. Until 2012 accounts were only available by invitation-only.
- The mobile version was launched in March 2011.
- Pinterest is the 27th most popular site among Australian Internet users. It is the 6th most popular Social Media platform in Australia.
- It is clearly stated in the Pinterest Terms that Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited.
- Pinterest introduced business accounts this year along with a free analytics tool.
- You can Follow me on Pinterest here at my Schnicka Profile.
[Image source : nineteenfortyone]
- Why you should take an interest in Pinterest (business.financialpost.com)
- Watch Out, Facebook: Why Google And Pinterest Are Gaining As Social Rivals (readwrite.com)
- 10 Tips on Pinterest for Business (business2community.com)